Sunday, October 5, 2008

finally here!

September 27, 2008 12:24am
I THINK HOMEBOY’S STARING AT YOU…
We just got back from having a fabulous night out in the city, and currently I’m waiting for my mask to dry so that I can go to sleep without getting clay mask all over my comforter and sheets….hence the journaling. It was quite the uneventful day, except that I found out that Claire, Anna and I are eligible for YoungScot cards, which apparently will get us loads of discounts in Scotland, the UK, and Europe. Which will be real nice when we start to travel..…in March. Also, we took a ghost tour last night, given by our friend Eyebrows. It was complete crap. Rubbish.

(As a side note, I have this creepy creaking noise on/in my floorboards, right beside my bed. I’ve decided it’s an extremely nice ghost that just likes to make it known that she/he is here, and that they mean no harm.)

So tonight we tried to halfway retrace our pub crawl….but only going to three bars. And only two of the bars were on the crawl. Firstly we went to The Globe, which is where they served Snakebites (complete with the hand motion of a snake striking), which are sooooo good. A snakebite is Strongbow cider, some other kind of beer, and grenadine. It’s faaaabulous. We managed to show up on the night where the new bartender was tending…bar. He didn’t know how to make them, but they were still real good. Also, there was a homeboy who kept staring in our direction, but never quite made it over to us, which just made him look like an idiot. Although he had a Scottish accent, he was straight out of South Carolina with a button up shirt under a sweater with jeans….all he needed was some Sperrys and he’d be set to fit into the Carolinas. Aaaaanyway, then we went to this place called the Three Sisters, which was absolutely PACKED. Firstly, the place was huge. There was probably a thousand people there, easily. They had a beer garden, and there was plenty of opportunity to do some people watching, which I always love. Scottish/British/European people have the wackiest sense of style I’ve ever seen. Get an obnoxious haircut and wear the most ridiculous things you can find and you’ll fit right in. However, if you try to actually look nice and match, you’ll just look like an American, heaven forbid. At this point, I’ve stopped caring, figuring that everyone can already tell I’m from the good ole USofA, so why try to hide it and try to fit in?? There’s no point. So after that we went back up the hill to another place, who had the worst band ever there…seriously it was the worst rendition of Sweet Home Alabama I’ve ever heard. Brits don’t need to try to impersonate Southern Rock bands. It’s just a bad idea. Really.

After that, we found a Subway (yes, the UK has Subway), where we picked up some cookies and a doughnut (thanks to me…you’re welcome.), and consequently almost missed our bus. We were totally the people you think look like idiots running down the sidewalk because their bus is at the stop. Yeah, we were going at a full sprint. At least as fast as we could go after two Snakebites, a pint, and cookies. Luckily, we made it….and that brings me to the present. At my home sweet flat, ready to go to bed.

And with that…..goodnight.

No comments: